A banana bread that is free of gluten, dairy, hydrogenated oils, and refined sugar! Do not be fooled by its healthy appearance it is just as moist and delicious as the "bad" version!
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line your pan of choice with parchment paper and grease. (the cooking time is based on 8"x4" pan, if you do a bigger or smaller pan just adjust your cooking time)
2. In a small bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
3. In a large glass mixing bowl melt together the coconut oil and almond butter. Stir until combined. (I do one 30 second run in the microwave and then 10 second intervals until melted)
4.Add to the coconut oil/almond butter mixture the mashed banana, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Mix.
5. Add eggs and stir until smooth.
6. Add the small bowl of dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until completely combined together.
7. If using, gently mix in the chocolate chips.
8. Pour the batter into the prepared pan (DO NOT FORGET TO GREASE) and baked 30 to 40 minutes until the top is set and slightly browned and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
9. Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes before gently removing the loaf from the pan to a wire rack to cool.
10. Enjoy! (I love a slab of grass fed butter on mine!)