Paleo Banana Bread! Yay!!!!!
Being that we have a 2 year old, there are always bananas in our house. Elias loves his “nanas”. However, he has the attention span of a gnat and I am often left with banana remnants that if not used quickly will go bad. I HATE wasting food. So I throw the banana shrapnel in a freezer bag and before you know it I have an abundance of frozen bananas perfect for this tasty quick bread!
As you’ve probably guessed by now I am a Paleo kind of girl. Ever since I had my adorable little nugget I can’t eat dairy and that has pushed me to eliminate the other bad stuff as well. So you don’t find a whole lot of dairy, gluten, soy, corn, or white potato in our house. However, I am always playing with traditional recipes to make them paleo friendly and this one was a pretty easy fix! It tastes just as good as the regular version, even Dave and Elias eat it!
Paleo Banana Bread
- 2 Large Overripe Bananas about 1 cup mashed
- 1/4 CUP Coconut Oil
- 1/4 CUP Creamy Almond Butter
- 2 TBSP Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 TSP Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs lightly beaten
- 1/4 CUP Coconut Flour
- 1/4 CUP Almond Flour (Can subsitute 1/2 cup Bob Red Mills paleo flour for both coconut and almond flour)
- 1/2 TSP Baking Powder
- 1/4 TSP Baking Soda
- 1/2 TSP Rachel's Spice Co. Fine Sea Salt
- 1/2 TSP Rachel's Spice Co. Korintje Cinnamon
- 1/2 CUP Chocolate Chips (Optional) I like Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line your pan of choice with parchment paper and grease. (the cooking time is based on 8"x4" pan, if you do a bigger or smaller pan just adjust your cooking time)2. In a small bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.3. In a large glass mixing bowl melt together the coconut oil and almond butter. Stir until combined. (I do one 30 second run in the microwave and then 10 second intervals until melted)4.Add to the coconut oil/almond butter mixture the mashed banana, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Mix.5. Add eggs and stir until smooth.6. Add the small bowl of dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until completely combined together. 7. If using, gently mix in the chocolate chips.8. Pour the batter into the prepared pan (DO NOT FORGET TO GREASE) and baked 30 to 40 minutes until the top is set and slightly browned and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. 9. Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes before gently removing the loaf from the pan to a wire rack to cool.10. Enjoy! (I love a slab of grass fed butter on mine!)